Winter Buddha Bowl
Ready for a Detox?
Lose Weight. Blast Fat. Feel Great!
Our TEA ME TINY Detox Tea blend helps cleanse you from the inside out; while boosting your metabolism, suppressing appetite and aiding in healthy weight loss.
Take 20% off today; No coupon necessary!
A nourishing Buddha Bowl made with all the whole foods our body needs to stay healthy during winter. Fresh seasonal pomegranate and citrus fruits, fibre, fats, protein and fermented foods for a happy microbiome.
- ⅓ cup millet, uncooked
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- ½ medium butternut squash, peeled, cubed
- ½ small broccoli head, diced
- 2 tbsp sauerkraut
- ½ pomegranate, seeds only
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ pink grapefruit, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp soy yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 175C / 346F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chickpeas on a half of the baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tsp coconut oil, season with cumin, turmeric and black pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- On the other half of the baking sheet add the butternut squash, drizzle with coconut oil, toss to combine and arrange in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 minutes then remove from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the millet according to the package instructions (I usually simmer it over low heat for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat, cover the pot and let sit for 10 minutes).
- Add the dressing ingredients into the blender and process to obtain a creamy liquid.
- To assemble the meal, divide the spinach, parsley and onion into the serving bowls. Top with the cooked millet, roasted squash and chickpeas, broccoli, grapefruit slices and sauerkraut.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and walnuts, and drizzle the avocado dressing on top.
For more: https://www.theawesomegreen.com/