Ten Ingredient Alkalizing Green Soup Recipe
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 cup cooked split green peas
- 2 ounces (2 handfuls) spinach, de-stemmed
- 1 large celery stalk
- 1 ounce parsley leaves (1 handful)
- 1 ounce cilantro leaves (1 handful)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream*
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Toppings: any/all of the following: shaved watermelon radish (I like to soak in salt water), toasted almonds, celery &/or cilantro leaves
M E T H O D
Combine the split peas, spinach, celery, parsley, cilantro, garlic, miso, nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon of the coconut cream, and the water. Puree until silky smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan, and (if desired) heat gently until hot but not simmering. Taste, and adjust with a bit of salt or more miso, if needed.
Serve topped with a drizzle of the remaining cream, and whatever toppings you have on hand.